|Best practices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages|
Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:35 AM PDT
The end of the year holiday season is a peak time for many merchants with special sales events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. As a merchant, you can help Google highlight your sales events by providing landing pages with relevant content and high quality images. Best Practices
The following are recommended best practices for your landing pages:
* Create the page early. Make sure you create the page well before the sale so Googlebot has time to discover and index the page. Make sure you are not blocking Google from crawling the URL (the Google URL Inspection Tool can be used to check this).
* Follow standard SEO best practices. A list of SEO best practices for landing pages can be found in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide.
* Link to the landing pages from your home page (or similar) to increase their prominence, helping users (and Google) find the landing page quicker.
* Use a recurring URL, not a new URL for each occurrence of the event. Give the landing page of recurring events a meaningful URL that reflects the event that is used each year (for example: use /sale/black-friday, not /sale/2020/black-friday).
* Include a relevant, high quality image. Provide a static image with an up-to-date representation of your sale. Trim any whitespace around the borders of the image, and ensure that the image is visually engaging and is of good quality. For additional guidance on image quality, review the Google Images best practices and Images Web Fundamentals.
* Get your page recrawled. After you’ve tested your structured data for validity, ask Google to recrawl your page to get your content updated more quickly. (Note: as of publication this tool is undergoing maintenance, but we hope to have it up-and-running again soon.)If you have any questions, let us know through the Help forum or on Twitter.
Posted by Alan Kent, Search Relations Team
Source from: Email Google.com
Now you can see us on our new website called SEOBaaz.com, we are happy to say we have a good numbers of client and work result is on top in Google.com…
seobaaz.com invite you to must visit us and give your feedback and query’s regarding any kind of website development, website design/redesign, application development, SEO, SMO or any other kind of work will happy to serve you much better then others..
Hope you like to visit and give your feedback..
Thanks Every One..