I got email from GA.. JFYI…
New user newsletter: create goals for better ROI
You’re already using your Analytics reports to see valuable data about your website traffic and advertising effectiveness. The next step is to set up goals to track “conversions” — a word we use to describe each time a visitor does something specific on your site (makes a purchase, fills in a form, spends a certain amount of time browsing, reaches a certain number of pages, etc.). Tracking goals shows you how effective your site design and ad campaigns have been, and helps you make smart decisions about how to make them even better. We’ve also shared some useful resources to help you learn more about Google Analytics and keep up to date with the latest news.
Create goals in Google Analytics and track ROI
What goals should I track?
That depends on what type of business you’re running and what kind of objectives you have for your website. Here are some examples:
|online clothing store||completed purchase|
|entertainment listings site||newsletter sign up|
|news and weather site||time spent on site or pages viewed per visit|
Creating Analytics goals
Once you’ve decided what conversions you want to track on your website, you can easily set up goals in Google Analytics:
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Select ‘edit’ next to the profile where you’d like to set up a goal.
- Under the ‘Goals’ section, select ‘Add Goal.’
- Choose a name for your goal and select ‘On,’ so Analytics will begin tracking this action on your site.
- Choose your goal type (destination URL, time on site or pages per visit) and enter the goal details.
- You can select a goal value to indicate how much a goal is worth. Have an e-commerce site? Analytics can track values straight from your shopping cart.
- If you’ve set up a ‘Destination URL’ goal, you can also define its funnel: a funnel will show you up to 10 steps that lead to a goal and help you identify where in the path visitors drop out of completing your goal.
Once you’ve set up a goal (or goals), you can track your results by choosing ‘View Reports’ in your Analytics account, then ‘Goals’ from the report menu on the upper left of the screen. Your reports will detail your completed conversions (broken down by day or hour), conversion rate, and the completed goals’ value to your business.
Check out this short YouTube video to learn more about setting up goals in Google Analytics.
Keep up to date with Google Analytics news
Google Analytics YouTube channel
Check out the latest videos to show you how to set up Google Analytics and analyse your reports
Google Analytics blog
Regular tips and advice from Google experts to help you get the most from your Google Analytics account
Build your Google Analytics knowledge
Getting Started Guide
Read Help Center resources for new users to Google Analytics
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Become individually qualified in Google Analytics by following this curriculum and passing an exam
|Sign in and fix your account set up today|
Google Analytics Team
Thanks Google (GA)